How do I start with Neo4j? What is Cypher? Are graph databases only suitable for graph-based domains like social networks? Or can I use it reasonably in enterprise projects? How do I transform my domain into a graph model?
This tutorial will answer these questions with a mixture of theory and hands-on practice sessions. Attendees will quickly learn how easy it is to develop a Neo4j-backed application.
- An understanding of graph databases
- How to use graph databases
- Introduction to data modeling with Graph databases
- How to apply the property graph to common modeling problems
- Common graph structures for modeling complex, connected scenarios
- How to get started working with Neo4j.
At the age of 15, Tom Geudens’ parents gave him a choice. Either become a baker or go into IT. That Christmas Santa brought a MSX homecomputer, the choice was made. At twenty and with a Bachelor in IT under his belt, he joined the IT department of Colruyt, a Belgian retailer specialized in ‘Lowest Price’ and doing this through automation. Recently he set up his own IT consultancy company, Elephant Bird Consulting. He has worked with technologies from PL/1 through HPUX and Linux, and battled distributed applications development and configuration management issues.